7.12.2011

Gyeongbuk Gimcheon- Day trip

Travel with company is always good.
But sometimes it is good to go somewhere alone.

I did it last weekend. I was searching where to go and I found Gimcheon!

Weather was cloudy but fortunately it was not raining.

I thought there will be lots of people but it was very quiet which I liked it.
 A cute kitty was having a brunch. Haha .

 Jikjisa is located in the foothills of Hwangaksan and is said to be originally
built in the year 418 by Goguryeo monk.

The charm of traditional Korean architecture can be found in
its restraint and simplicity, which is evident in the structures of Jikjisa.

I stop by this tea house before visit Jikjisa temple, and drank Korea tea.
 It is a temple located 20 min outside of Gimcheon,
and it provides a few hours of rest, tranquility,
a great walk, beautiful scenery, and of course a marvelous tea house.

 This is about temple stay information.

I always wanted to do this temple stay.

I just put off temple stay until I find someone who wants to do with me.

Since many foreigners has interested in it, there was English service too.
 I will do it as soon as possible.

 I could not go in ~the place was under construction.

This is Manduck-jeon which shape was alphabet C.

There were big hall and middle & small hall that have modern facilities.
As walk head to main temple, I heard reading Buddhist scriptures.

There were lot of monk and reading Buddhist script.
I don’t understand what they are reading but I feel very calm and peaceful
 when I hear this sound,.
This temple is Samyung-gak. There was one monk who was reading by himself.
There was little waterway right next to Samyung-gak. Water looks very clean.
A broom look lonely. L
There was a mountain streams.

The place was filled with the sound of running water.
There were two couples in front of me.
The next point of interest on the tour is the Korean tradition brewed,.

But,,,,, It was closed day. I was so upset…

Better luck next time.!
This Gwahaju liquor, which is brewed from Gimcheon water,
remains a specialty product and a source of pride for Gimcheon local.

Another former name, Geumjicheon, means “stream of gold.”
According to the ancient Eastern philosophy of the five elements,
metal (gold) comes before water, and is the element from which water is derived

I was getting hungry.  So I went to black-pig BBQ place.

I found one BBQ restaurant..

Wow,, BBQ smell was so great.
This is famous coal briquettes for BBQ. This table looks very old.

This kind of fire was first for me. I had so fun time with this special BBQ.
These are main dish.
The staff roasted the meat first then I could roast it by myself.

OMG! The meat was so awesome. I forgot to take a picture. 

It may more delicious because I was hungry very much.

I head for next place Bangcho-Jeong.
This Bangcho-jeong pavillion built in the Joseon Dynasty.

Bangcho-Jeong,
typical Jeongja is located at the front of the village to be the landmark of the settlement.

There was a little pretty pond.
I came up to the 2nd floor.

It was quite cool place.

I was still full and I had a book. So I decided to read book for a while.

This book is about travel .. There is a great cop.
“Everyone can be 18 years old on the root of travel.”
This is a one coffee commercial in Japan.
It would say that everyone is excited on the way to go travel, I thought.

Today, I also visit Gimcheon alone.. I think it was pretty good day trip even if I could not take a picture of me.

If you are under stress visit Gimcheon and breathe here!

Your troublesome problem will be gone as long as you enjoy your day!