7.20.2011

[Gyungbuk Sangjoo] Gyungchun-dae + Joongang market



It is been a long time to see sunshine.

More than 2 weeks, has been raining and I start to sick of rain even if I love raining day very much. Anyway,
I did not want to stay in the house.

I decided to head for Gyeongbuk by myself.


I took a bus to get Gyeongcheon-dae.


Since I was starving, I had a lunch as soon as I reach there.


This is Yeolmoo-Kimchi noodle which I love it! It was a bit spicy but great.


I arrived at Kyongchondae bus station. There are not many buses..
So I should check the bus schedule. T
here are two buses for back to the city, 3:15pm and 5:25pm.


Gyeongcheondae Terrace is said to be the most beautiful spot along the nearly 510km-long Nakdonggang River.
Gyeongcheondae Terrace, with its sheer cliff walls and scenic landscape, is imbued with a sense of serene mystery and harmony.
It has also been called Jacheondae.


It is located above Muujeong Pavilion, which was built during the Joseon Period.
In Gyeongcheondae, you will find Yongso Pond, which has a legend concerning a general who died during the Imjinwaeran
(the Japanese invasion of Korea in 1592) and an ancient manger.

Gyeongcheondae Terrace offers a spectacular view of the winding Nakdonggang River and beautiful rock formations peeking through the pine trees’ branches. It features an observatory, an artificial waterfall, Gyeongcheondae Children’s Land, and campsites and is the location of the mega-hit TV series, ‘Sangdo.

There was a walk trail go along the river.
It would have been nice if was with someone. Maybe next time?





This is a small amusement park for kid.

Nice road to walk.



There were lots of stone tower.
I have heard that People make a wish when it piling stones on the top.
They believe if this is well saved, dreams come true.
So I also make a tower with my secret wishes.
Hopefully it’s going to happen!!


Wooh~ nice statue…… Looks like enemy.



 There are lots of stone towers.


This road is made by yellow soil.
I walked on the yellow soil with naked feet.

It was fun and I liked the feeling.




 What a beautiful flower. ~


I climbed to the top of the steps.
They said that the step number was 333.

Wow. It was good exercise.


I got to the observatory!!
It was not easy to get to here but I felt so great.

This is Nakdong River. There is a great view from the lookout.


This marvelous scenery from Gyeongcheondae proves that those praises and reputations of this exceptional view were not all exaggerated accounts. Besides a beach, an observatory, kids playground, and camp site equipped with convenience facilities make you enjoye the time with your family.



At Gyeongcheondae, pine trees are thickly covering a cliff that is standing high toward the sky, and on the other side, the golden sands is spread through which a blue and green river runs. 


There was a small pavilion on the top of the hill.

People were playing Korean card which is Go-stop!!
They seems having a good time ~

 Old men were getting together and spend relaxing time


I really like to look around local market. So wherever I go I always stop by market.
There was a Sangjoo market near Gyeongcheon-dae.
I decide to go there and took a look.

Here is Sangjoo central market.
There is traditional 5 days market every 2nd and 7th on month.
Since today is not the day it was very quiet.





Here is the local street market.
The price was cheap and you can even deal. This is the thing I really like Korea local market.
People are so nice and good as always.


The end of the day, it was raining hard…

Although it is a short day trip, I found pretty nice spot to see and enjoy.
Once, when my friend is coming to Korea, I would come with my friend again.