11.07.2010

Cheongdo

Winter slipped up on me unawares. This fall, I’ve been traveling the entire Gyeongbuk province and I will introduce one of the great places as named “Cheongdo” today.

It is connected to the national transportation grid by the Gyeongbu Line railroad and the Daegu-Busan Expressway.


As soon as I arrived at Cheong station I feel like I can breathe better in this clean air.
The sky was very clear and it makes me take a photo.

I was a scanning the street, I found pretty interesting stuff. I took a picture.





It was miniature of cow, thatched-house and platform for crocks of sauces and condiments.
A time is already lunch time, I was very hungry. I thought I will try to eat chueotang.

It made by loach and with hot bean and vegetable. Many foreigners don’t even want to try to eat it. But I would try it.



I choose the restaurant where looks the oldest one. There were many Chueotang restaurants.




I was kind of excited that have this food. I have been waiting such a time.

I could try it where I live but I always try to eat this when I am traveling. Actually smell was very temping.




Chueotang is korea tradition food that it gives you more energy and make you healthy.

I have seen even Korean woman don’t want to eat because it is made by loach.

But once you eat I am sure you will love it. For cold weather, I really enjoy this hot soup.

After eating it I feel like I have more energy.

Also it makes my body warm so that I could look around with good feeling.

Cheongdo is also famous for only half-dried persimmons. I could found many persimmon tree.



Half-dried persimmons look very delicious. I bought a few and ate it.

It was just melt into my mouth. Then I moved to the village.




The long thin branches were bearing clusters of plump persimmon.

I saw the people who was picking persimmon. It looks fun!




Before I started to this trip I didn’t even know a persimmon. But now , this fruit is one of my favorite one.





Because of the beautiful weather, I enjoyed the nice sight to the full.



I head for Unmun-sa temple.

Unmun-sa Temple is one of Korea's major temples and it is situated on Tiger mountain.

A Shilla monk built a hermitage on this mountain and, after three years of intensive meditation, he attained enlightenment.

The temple has a famous tree. Said to be 500 years old, legend tells that it grew up from a branch planted by a passing monk.

In 1950, Unmun-sa Temple became the largest bhikkuni training center in Korea. About 250 students regularly follow a three to four year course in Buddhism.





This is the gate of Unmun-sa.



This is the inside of view. The temple was quiet and peaceful.






The old royal palaces are picturesque in the autumn.Tree color was so stunning.

Just looking, I burst into cheers. I was very busy to take a picture.








The calm of the countryside came as a welcome relief from the hustle and bustle of city life.




Next, I went to Cheongdo Eupseong.

I found very high stone fence.



Among the non-state designated heritages, those in need of preservation are designated as City- or Province-designated Heritage by the mayor and the governor respectively, based on the municipal or provincial regulations.



The State-designated Heritage refers to the heritage designated by the Administrator of the Cultural Heritage Administration pursuant to the Cultural Heritage Protection Act after deliberation by the Cultural Heritage Committee.




I couldn’t believe that how people moved this big rock to build this fence.

That was so amazing. I also found very pretty taegeuk shape pond.




A beautiful lotus flower was floating on the pond. This kinds of flower is very rare that we can see easily.




Look this lotus … Isn’t it very pretty?

This is cute tea house.


The shape of house was Korea style tradition house.


There is not only cute tea house but also great garden.

There are a lot of traveler to see this garden.




Next place is Cheongdo Bullfighting stadium.

Korea has a long tradition of 'bullfighting'.

The Gyeongsangbuk-do Province, in particular, has a bullfighting competition that dates back 1000 years, and is now the home of the country’s largest bullfighting festival.



Here is the Bullfighting stadium. It was very huge.

The highlight of the Cheongdo Bullfighting Festival is the bullfighting competition, in which over 100 bulls compete, including a special event between Korean and Japanese teams.

The festival program also includes a genuine US rodeo featuring members of the armed forces who are stationed in Korea and a performance by the US rodeo team.




The Cheongdo region is famous for this increasingly popular traditional event, now having crossed international borders with the Korea-Japan Goodwill Bullfighting Match and incorporated some elements of rodeo-style games for more international appeal.

After that I moved to Wine Tunnel.



Cheongdo Wine Tunnel, which is basically a wine cellar built into an abandoned railway tunnel.

Here is also famous for TV drams shooting spot.




The wine made and sold at the wine tunnel is not from grapes, but persimmons.

The manager told me 90% of the persimmons grown in Korea are from Cheongdo and there are trees bearing the fruit all over the city.

It’s actually quite tasty.



This picture is the inside of the tunnel. There is pretty light and persimmon scent~~





Here, Gam wine is made of a local produce, Cheongdo flat seedless persimmons, and is a wine that has the full aroma, taste, and nutrition of fresh persimmons.

Gamgrin does not add any alcohol — it is made from 100% persimmon which is fermented with a special enzyme and is ripened for more than a year.



The manager told me that no matter which season, country, many customer visit here to taste this wine all year. I could learn how to storage, how to ripen to look exhibition.




The Wine Tunnel has very dreamy atmosphere. I found a beautiful sculpture.




In the dark, the sculpture was more outstanding and fabulous!!








Here was very quaint and romantic little town with frosty permission trees all over the place.

If I have a chance to bring my buddy I really would like to come here again.



Why dont' you try a new world wine and rough Bullfighting ain Gyeongbuk, Cheongdo??

5 comments:

oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, coach outlet, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, gucci outlet, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet stores, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, prada handbags, coach factory outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp outlet, air max, tory burch outlet, coach outlet store online, nike free, kate spade outlet, jordan shoes, louboutin, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet, air max, michael kors outlet, coach purses

oakleyses said...

juicy couture outlet, hollister, air max, louboutin, ralph lauren, canada goose jackets, moncler, vans, juicy couture outlet, moncler, timberland boots, moncler, oakley, canada goose, gucci, ugg, rolex watches, baseball bats, canada goose, air max, canada goose, moncler, canada goose uk, karen millen, hollister clothing store, converse shoes, moncler, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, ugg boots, moncler outlet, parajumpers, canada goose, toms shoes, canada goose outlet, montre homme, moncler, supra shoes, canada goose, converse, hollister, ugg, ray ban, lancel, coach outlet store online, iphone 6 cases

oakleyses said...

jordan shoes, christian louboutin, uggs outlet, michael kors outlet online, uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, christian louboutin uk, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet online, uggs outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max, michael kors outlet, burberry handbags, tiffany and co, polo outlet, nike free, nike air max, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, prada handbags, gucci handbags, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, christian louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, tory burch outlet, ugg boots, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, longchamp outlet

oakleyses said...

sac vanessa bruno, new balance, vans pas cher, ray ban uk, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, true religion outlet, replica handbags, polo lacoste, oakley pas cher, coach purses, hollister uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike free uk, north face uk, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren, hollister pas cher, nike air max uk, michael kors pas cher, nike air max, true religion jeans, timberland pas cher, nike air max uk, coach outlet, air max, michael kors, jordan pas cher, sac hermes, north face, lululemon canada, coach outlet store online, nike roshe, sac longchamp pas cher, nike air force, mulberry uk, hogan outlet, ralph lauren uk, longchamp pas cher, michael kors, converse pas cher, burberry pas cher, nike roshe run uk, true religion outlet, kate spade, nike free run, nike tn, ray ban pas cher, guess pas cher

yanmaneee said...

longchamp
yeezy shoes
adidas nmd r1
michael kors purses
hermes belt
mlb jerseys
balenciaga speed trainer
curry shoes
louboutin shoes
adidas tubular